There are many things to do when listing a property, and it doesn’t matter whether you are a homeowner or a realtor, the untrained eye. In today’s internet age, adding attractive photographs to your listing is crucial since you need to capture the hearts and minds of potential buyers to quickly close a sale. So, we all want to take perfect photos the first time to make stand in real estate or properties, this is tricky. By gaining practice and knowing a few things to do you can save yourself a lot of time by not needing to re-take shots. Here is some really easy way to add and improve that little bit extra to your next real estate shots.
1. Declutter, Declutter, Declutter
Even if someone is still living in the property, you need to make the home look as much like a display home as possible. The key things display homes don’t have is clutters and personal items, so remove all knick-knacks and put as much stuff away as possible.
2. Clean lines
You can completely change a space making sure everything is symmetrical, there are clean lines and making items to give a feeling of space. Therefore, a simple way of doing this when preparing for a shot is to open all blinds and sliding doors. This creates fewer lines in the image which gives the shot a simple feel.
3. Getting the right angles
If you’ve already taken a few real estate photos, you’d know that not all rooms are easy to shoot. Kitchens and bathrooms are renowned for being hard to photograph well, because of their tricky corners, reflective surfaces, and odd shapes.
Here are some things to consider when photographing rooms:
- Always make sure the camera is shooting level, no matter what the height
- Try taking photos at different levels, waist height, eye height or overhead shots depending on the space.
- Capture three of the corners of the room to create an appealing image
- Shoot at an angle that catches as many key features as possible
4. It’s all about the lighting
Making the rooms your shoot bright and airy will completely change the look and feel of an image, it also ensures that all the details within the room are captured. Sometimes circumstances make it hard to get the perfect bright image.
Here are some ways to make your property photos look light and airy:
- Turn on all lights
- Try to take photos during the day, rather than in the evening and at night
- Open all curtains and doors
- Use a flash and diffuser, to create an even light throughout the room
It doesn’t take much to create great images, especially within real estate. All you need is a good eye for detail, using the correct angles and some basic equipment.
If you want to boost your real estate sales via professional photos, we-home3ds would like to cooperate with you.