Virtual house tours give homebuyers a sense of ownership before spending time touring the space in person. And that’s just one of the many benefits for real estate professionals.
Looking for new, exciting ways to promote your real estate business? Want to sell more properties and keep customers engaged? Consider offering virtual house tours. This cutting-edge concept leads to increased brand awareness and improved customer service. As a result, you’ll make more money and grow your business.
Let’s see how virtual house tours work and how they impact the real estate industry.
What Are Virtual House Tours?
Over the past decade, virtual reality (VR) has taken the world by storm. This new technology allows businesses to give customers a glimpse into their products and services. In fact, most industries use virtual reality to a certain extent. For example, hospitals train medical students in surgery with the help of this technology. Psychologists even employ VR in the treatment of anxiety and post-traumatic stress syndrome.
Now, real estate agents can use VR to showcase their properties more creatively. Virtual house tours allow potential buyers to check out every room and corner with a few mouse clicks. Compared to photos and videos, this technology offers a more accurate and immersive experience. Let’s explore the different types of virtual tours: 3D walkthroughs and 3D tours.
What Is a 3D Walkthrough?
Like a virtual house tour, 3D walkthroughs let prospective buyers get a feel for a home without actually visiting the location. A 3D walkthrough is a virtual rendering of the home that allows potential buyers to see what it would look like with various options, such as different furniture than it currently has or without any furniture at all. It provides a more flexible option than a virtual tour, which only presents what already exists in the home.
A virtual tour is a video. A 3D walkthrough is not. A 3D walkthrough creates a vision of the property to scale and brings it to life through digital rendering. While you can get a feel for a home’s features from a walkthrough, a 3D digital rending gives you a sense of the space. It’s a separate experience than a virtual house tour, designed for a different purpose.
Here are a few benefits a 3D walkthrough delivers:
- A chance for people to decide where they want to navigate. A virtual house tour offers a single experience, but with a 3D walkthrough, you can decide where you want to go.
- A longer production time. Whereas you might be able to knock out a virtual tour quickly, you will need the assistance of a professional firm (such as Home3ds) to achieve your vision for the 3D walkthrough.
- An in-depth view of the interior. A virtual tour may show a lot of footage of the outside of the home, but 3D walkthroughs concentrate more on the interior.
In fact, a virtual tour and a 3D walkthrough act as great complementary methods for seeing the interior possibilities for a home. Adding them both to your real estate listing can enhance your chances of selling. The benefits of a 3D real estate walkthrough include a more compelling look at a property that can answer questions for prospective buyers.
What Is a 3D Tour?
A 3D tour is similar to a 3D walkthrough. The real estate industry uses them to present movement in the property. A 3D tour provides more animation than a walkthrough. Something in the space can move around, and you can get a 360-degree view of the object. Like a rendering, this is not an actual picture of the property but a presentation of what it could look like. A 3D tour and a 3D walkthrough have a lot in common and are often referred to interchangeably.
Some differences between a virtual house tour and a 3D tour include:
- Navigation may be different for a 3D tour. You can choose the area of the house you want to look at from a map vs. taking the entire virtual tour and being shown around the home on video.
- You can display separate angles of the home that you can’t share on a virtual tour. This allows people to get a more dynamic feel for space.
Whether you choose a 3D tour, virtual tour, or 3D walkthrough, they each present a valuable tool for prospective buyers. In fact, you may want to consider all three.
Home3ds provides these tours at an effective price. Contact us to get more information.